This recipe comes together in an instant, is no bake and sets up in an hour making it a perfect weekday need to have a snack kind of recipe. Vanilla wafers can be a bit tricky to come by but there are a few things that you can do; first is look for gluten free vanilla wafers found in the health food section of Sobeys stores, they sell under the kinnickinnick brand or you can simply substitute graham wafer crackers. I decided to use left over KitKat bars from Halloween to make these, but you can sub any chocolate bar that doesn’t have a caramel or nougat type filling.
- 1/2 cuo melted butter
- 8 ounces vanilla wafers
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 5 ounces KitKat bars
- Butter and line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place the vanilla wafers into a food process and pule until the cookies are finely crumbed. Slowly drizzle in the butter and pulse until well combined. Press the crumbs into the baking dish, pressing firmly.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk and the milk chocolate chips into a double boil and heat, stirring, until the two are combined and smooth. Spread over the base layer.
- Place the Kit Kat bars into the food processer and pulse until crumbled, Sprinkle over top of the chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Category: Baking, recipes
Leave A Comment