Grandma‘s Jam Jam cookies
This recipe brings back such great memories for me. My Grandma made these cookies on a regular basis and when the weather would allow she would cool them on her windowsill beckoning us to come for a visit. Jam jam’s we’re usually made with raspberry jam but this cookie marries well with any type of jam.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place the butter, brown sugar, molasses and eggs into a bowl and beat together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients and add them to the wet ingredients, incorporate well.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1/2 hour.
- Roll the dough out on a generously floured surface
- . Cut the dough into 3 inch circles, cut 1 inch center holes in half the circles to use as tops.
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes the transfer to a wire rack. Once completely cooled spread raspberry jam on the bottom half and top with a cookie that has the center removed.