Seared Scallops with Zucchini Noodles and Thai Basil
This recipe is fresh, light and very satisfying. The sweetness of the seared scallops, the bright flavors of the crisp vegetables and the unique flavor of the Thai basil all work together to produce a simple dish that delivers complex flavors. Thanks to Logan’s Daily Catch for their wonderful partnership.
- Place the double smoked bacon in a pan and sauté over medium high heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon, reserving the bacon fat.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to the pan and once hot sear the scallops until golden. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- In a separate pan heat the 3 tbsp of olive oil, add the red and green onions and the tomatoes, cook until the onions are translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, spinach, basil, salt and pepper and Hot Under the Kilt, cook until the spinach is wilted, and the tomatoes are beginning to blister.
- Toss with the reserved bacon and scallops.
- Category:Entree, Seafood, Recipes