- 1/4 cup diced double smoked bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb scallops, bits removed and dried well
- pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 small zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 12 leaves Thai Basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Hot Under the Kilt Acadian Cajun Seasoning
- Place the double smoked bacon in a pan and sauté over medium high heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon, reserving the bacon fat.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to the pan and once hot sear the scallops until golden. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- In a separate pan heat the 3 tbsp of olive oil, add the red and green onions and the tomatoes, cook until the onions are translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, spinach, basil, salt and pepper and Hot Under the Kilt, cook until the spinach is wilted, and the tomatoes are beginning to blister.
- Toss with the reserved bacon and scallops.
- Category: Entree, Seafood, Recipes