Sea Salt Caramel Apple Poutine
Indulge in the delectable fusion of sweet and savory flavors with our irresistible Apple Caramel Poutine! This mouthwatering dessert takes the classic Canadian comfort food to new heights with a gourmet twist. Made with a generous serving of crisp, golden-brown “French fries” generously drizzled with rich, gooey caramel sauce, and topped with luscious mascarpone and caramel, this dessert is a true treat for your taste buds.
The key to our Apple Caramel Poutine’s irresistible appeal lies in its perfect balance of flavors. The natural sweetness of the apples complements the velvety caramel sauce which adds a luscious richness that will leave you craving for more. Every bite is a delightful symphony of textures and tastes, combining the crispy crunch of the fries with the soft, caramelized apples and the silky-smooth caramel sauce.
Perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth or impressing your guests, this dessert is sure to be a hit. So treat yourself to the ultimate taste sensation with our Apple Caramel Poutine today and experience the perfect harmony of flavors in every mouthwatering bite!
This week we are at Canada’s largest produce manufacturing show providing samples featuring one of Nova Scotia’s best produce, this is one of the many recipes that we will be featuring!
- Yield: Serves 4
- 2 NS Honey crisp apples, cut in sticks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz Sea Fever Rum
- 2 oz quark or mascarpone cheese
8 oz salted caramel ( Recipe below)
- In a med size pan melt the butter.
- Add the apples sticks sauté for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with rum and let reduce for 1 or 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare caramel sauce; Melt the butter over med high heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar and corn syrup, add in the condensed milk, vanilla, whipping cream bring to a boil and cook for 5-7 minutes until thick and golden brown. Stir continuously.
- Place the apples in a dish straight up like French fries. Add the quark and top with the salted caramel.
- Category: Desserts
Leave A Comment