Molten Lava Cake
This dessert is not as difficult as people often think that it is, in fact, it’s really quite easy. If you like to make it ahead you can prepare the batter and refrigerate it until needed, simply bring it to room temperature before placing in the ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butter four 6 oz ramekins and dust with cocoa powder. Place on a baking sheet.
- Place a double boiler over medium heat and add the 1/2 cup butter and chocolate.
- Place the eggs and the egg yolks, along with the sugar in a bowl. Beat until the egg mixture is thick and pale.
- Sift the flour over top of the egg mixture.
- Whisk the butter and chocolate until smooth then quickly fold the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top has a cake like texture.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 1 minute.
- Invert the ramekins onto serving plates and let sit for 10 seconds, lift the ramekins.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:11 minutes
- Category:Desserts, Recipes