- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 oz. good quality chocolate ( milk, bittersweet or dark, however white chocolate is not recommended)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- butter and cocoa powder for preparing the ramakins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butter four 6 oz ramekins and dust with cocoa powder. Place on a baking sheet.
- Place a double boiler over medium heat and add the 1/2 cup butter and chocolate.
- Place the eggs and the egg yolks, along with the sugar in a bowl. Beat until the egg mixture is thick and pale.
- Sift the flour over top of the egg mixture.
- Whisk the butter and chocolate until smooth then quickly fold the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top has a cake like texture.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 1 minute.
- Invert the ramekins onto serving plates and let sit for 10 seconds, lift the ramekins.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Category: Desserts, Recipes