Lobster Vol Au Vent
Vol Au Vent was a very popular menu item in the 80’s, often made with chicken and I’m not sure why you don’t see it as much anymore, it’s a quick appetizer or even a main if you add a bit of salad, it comes together quickly and it’s really tasty! As mentioned you can substitute the lobster with chicken or even mushrooms. Thanks to our friends at Logan’s Daily Catch for their amazing partnership.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Roll ut the puff pastry and cut in 4-6″ rounds, use a slightly slammer ring to score a circle in the middle of each round without cutting all the way through.
- Place the rounds on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the pastry has puffed and has no wet spots.
- Remove from the oven and use a spoon to gently compress the center making a well for the lobster.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in frying pan, sauté the shallots until soft, add lobster meat, and fry until the lobster becomes bright red , add the remining 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add vinegar and cook until almost gone, finish with cream and chives, reduce until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Top the puffed with a generous portion of creamed lobster and micro greens.
- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:30-40 minutes
- Category:Entrees, Lobster, Recipes