The meat sauce on this Italian Poutine is so rich and so meaty that it can work in several recipes, throw it on a nice crusty bun and you have sloppy joes, it makes an awesome nacho topping or simply toss it with some penne and add fresh grated parm to the top. Don’t you just love a versatile recipe!
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
Don’t pass up on the sour cream, it may sound odd but it’s amazing!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lg onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, pealed and diced
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Potato wedges
- Sour cream for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan, add beef, onions, garlic and carrots. Cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar and tomato paste, mix well.
- Stir in the red wine and beef stock.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stir in the flour and the butter.
- serve over top of potato wedges topped with a dollop of sour cream.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Entrees, Beef, Recipes
Keywords: entrees, recipes
I think this is a real great blog post. Cool.
I really enjoy the blog post.Much thanks again. Will read on…
Hey, thanks for the blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.
Great blog post.Thanks Again. Much obliged.
Im obliged for the article. Really Great.
Awesome article post.Really thank you! Awesome.