Cold Day. Hot soup. This one ticks all the boxes for me, comforting, filling and very. very flavorful. What more could you want in a soup?
The quintessential cold weather soup.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot, add hamburger and scramble fry until no longer pink.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery and potatoes, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Combine.
- Add tomato paste and got sauce, mix well.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes and beef broth.
- Stir in barley.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:1 hour
- Category:Beef, Soups & Stews, Recipes