The quintessential cold weather soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lg onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 4 lg potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 X 28 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup pearl parley
- Heat olive oil in a large pot, add hamburger and scramble fry until no longer pink.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery and potatoes, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Combine.
- Add tomato paste and got sauce, mix well.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes and beef broth.
- Stir in barley.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Beef, Soups & Stews, Recipes