I don’t want to say that these biscuits are no fail but they are by far the easiest biscuit recipe that I’ve tried. The frozen butter is key for making light, flaky layers!
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 biscuits 1x
The key to this recipe is not to overhandle the dough.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Use a food processer to finely shred the butter, use a fork to stir it into the flour .
- Push the flour to the side and begin adding the buttermilk 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, gently knead just to bring the dough together.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut rounds, place on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Invest in a proper biscuit cutter, using a glass compresses the edges of the biscuits and prevents them from rising as high.
- Allowing the biscuits to touch on the pan results in soft sided biscuits, separating them results in a crispier edge.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Baking, Recipes
A big thank you for your article.Really thank you! Want more.
Muchos Gracias for your blog article.Much thanks again. Great.
I appreciate you sharing this post.Thanks Again.
Awesome post.Much thanks again. Want more.
I really enjoy the article.Really looking forward to read more.
Thanks a lot for the post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.