Spinach and Feta Pie
This was the perfect meal for Ash Wednesday, flavorful, filling, and meatless! A lovely Greek salad would be a wonderful accompaniment. This would also make a lovely brunch dish or light lunch.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil into a sauté pan, add the onion, red pepper, green onions, and garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are soft. Set aside to cool.
- Add the spinach, tomato, ricotta, and feta to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the cooled onion mixture to the spinach mixture and mix well.
- Add the hot sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and walnuts and the remining tbsp of olive oil. Mix well.
- Brush a sheet of phylo lightly with olive oil and place in a deep dish pie plate allowing the ends to drape over the side.
- Repeat with a second sheet placing this one opposite of the first so that it forms a cross, continue until all six sheets have been used.
- Place the spinach in the pie plate and smooth it down.
- Fold the phylo over the top and brush with a bit more olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:35 minutes
- Category:Entrees, Recipes