Smoked Tomato Sauce
Executive Chef, Patrick MacIsaac, welcomed us into his kitchen at Glenora Inn & Distillery to share one of his favourite dishes with us – his famous Lobster Gnocchi. This smoked tomato sauce is one of the secret ingredients to this rich dish. Chef Patrick prides himself, like we do, on the use local ingredients his cooking is influenced by traditional Nova Scotian culture.
This hearty, smoky tomato sauce is the perfect marriage of fresh and rich. Try it once and it will quickly become your go-to tomato sauce.
- Smoke tomatoes for 45 minutes.
- In a large stock pot, sweat all ingredients except for tomatoes in a generous amount of olive oil.
- Cook until tender and light brown
- Deglaze with half cup of white wine and reduce by half
- Add tomatoes and cook reduce on med heat
- Puree with hand blender and strain thru med sized sieve
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time:15
- Cook Time:2 hours
Keywords: tomato sauce recipe