Seven Layer Dip
A definite game day favorite. This dip works well with nacho chips as well as cut veggies. We heard from a lot of people don’t care for refried beans and love the suggestion of starting with a layer of shredded lettuce instead!
This dip is meant to be made and served right away while the hamburger is still hot, is you’re planning on making it earlier in the day we suggest leaving out the sour cream/cream cheese mixture and add it after the dip comes out of the oven.
Seven Layer Dip
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 9X13 pan 1x
- 1 lb medium ground beef
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 19oz can refried beans
- 2 tbsp cream or milk
- 3 avacados
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 80z pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 green onions. sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, chopped
- 2 oz yellow cheddar, shredded
- 2 oz mozzarella, shredded
- Place the hamburger along with all of the seasoning in a sauté pan and cook, breaking up the meat, until it is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Combine the refried beans and the cream or milk, mix well, set aside.
- Place the avocados in a bowl and mash until smooth, add the sour cream, red onions, cilantro, lime juice and salt, mix well and set aside.
- Use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese and the sour cream, ix until smooth, set aside.
- Place the diced tomatoes in a colander and sprinkle with the salt, let sit for 10 minutes then drain off the excess juice.
- To assemble spread the refried beans on the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish.
- Top with the hamburger mixture.
- Combine the cheddar and mozzarella and sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture on top of the hamburger.
- Spread the guacamole over the cheese.
- Place the tomatoes over the guacamole.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the tomatoes and top with the green onions and black olives.
- Top with the remining cheese.
If desired you can layer the dip into wide mouthed mason jars for individual servings.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Recipes
Im thankful for the blog post.Much thanks again. Awesome.
Thank you ever so for you blog article.Much thanks again. Will read on…
Wow, great blog.Much thanks again. Keep writing.
I don’t know if it’s just me or if everybody else experiencing issues with your site. It appears as though some of the written text on your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen before. Appreciate it
I truly appreciate this article post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.
Thanks for the blog article.Really thank you! Great.
Appreciate you sharing, great article.Really thank you! Fantastic.
I favored your idea there, I tell you blogs are so helpful sometimes like looking into people’s private life’s and work.At times this world has too much information to grasp. Every new comment wonderful in its own right.
Good post. I study something more difficult on different blogs everyday. It’s going to always be stimulating to learn content material from other writers and observe a little bit one thing from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content material on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link in your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks again for the article.Thanks Again. Much obliged.
Users of all types can benefit from Xfinity internet deals. Whether you use the internet casually or want to watch all seasons of your favorite show at once! Xfinity Internet Services make it easier to get through your day.