Pork Tenderloin Medallions With Blue Cheese Sauce
Blue cheese is one of those love it or hate foods but I think it’s gotten an unfair reputation, it’s a very misunderstood food, the mold on blue cheese is not like other types of mold, it’s actually made with penicillium; that’s where it gets it’s unique taste, aroma and appearance, but unlike other molds penicillium does not produce toxins and is perfectly safe to eat!
- Slice the tenderloin into 1 inch thick medallions. Place the medallions between 2 pieces of food wrap or parchment paper and lightly pound them until they are 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized skillet.
- Sprinkle the medallions with the bad Ass Burger Buster and lightly fry on both sides, set aside.
- Add the shallots, green onions, and parsley to the skillet and cook until the onions begin to soften.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently add the cream and heat through.
- Add the salt, pepper and blue cheese, gently warm until the blue cheese melts.
- Add the medallions back to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Prep Time:15 minuits
- Cook Time:15 minutes
- Category:Pork, Entrees, Recipes