Hot and Spicy Nashville Chicken Tenders
These are not for the faint of heart BUT if you can stand the kick these hot and spicy chicken tenders are pretty amazing!
Nashville Chili Oil
- Bring oil to a temperature of 350F
- Begin by assembling the chili oil.
- Melt the butter over low heat, add the olive oil and maple along with the spices, continue to warm through, do not stir instead allow the spices to stay on the bottom.
- Place the buttermilk, eggs, maple and siracha in a shallow bowl, mix well.
- Place the flour, cornstarch, popcorn seasoning, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder into a second shallow bowl.
- Dip the tenders into the flour, shaking off the excess flour, then into the buttermilk mixture then back into the flour mixture, again shaking off the excess flour.
- Slowly add the tenders to the oil and fry until golden brown, the tenders will be cooked when they float to the top of the oil.
- Remove the tenders and place on a paper towel lined plate. Blot any excess oil.
- Brush the tenders with the chili oil, being careful not to disturb the spices on the bottom of the pot.
- Serve immediately with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:10-12 minutes
- Category:Entrees, Chicken, Recipes