Homemade French Fries
Done properly homemade fries are every bit as good as those found in any restaurant! the secret is in the soaking to remove excess starches and doing a double fry.
- Soak the french fries in cold water for 2 hours. Dry the French fries well and blanch in oil that’s been heated to 300° f for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Set the French fries aside until needed.
- Once ready, put the French fries into a deep fryer that’s been heated to 360°F and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain French fries on a paper towel lined baking sheet and then toss with sea salt.
- Prep Time:1 hour
- Cook Time:10-12 minutes
- Category:Entrees, Sides, Recipes