BBQ Rib Sandwich
These BBQ Rib sandwiches were crazy good! The sticky sweet sauce with the crunchy dills and the tender boneless pork ribs was even better than we had anticipated. These will definitely be making several more appearances before the summer is over! Thanks to our friends at Warmth By Design for their incredible partnership, follow the link for all of your BBQ needs!
BBQ Rib Sandwich
- Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- 2 1/2 racks of pork ribs
- 4 tbsp Hot Under The Kilt Acadian Cajun Seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion finely diced
2 galic cloves, minced
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp Hot Under The Kilt Acadian Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Red Ale
1 cup ketchup
3/4 cup molasses
4 ciabatta buns
olive oil for grilling
sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Remove the silver skin from the ribs, rub with Hot Under the Kilt Acadian Cajun Seasoning.
- Double wrap in foil and place on a cookie sheet, place in the oven and cook for 2 1/2 hours. Turn oven to 300 degrees and cook for an additional 1/4 hour. Open the foil and carefully remove the bones. Cut the racks in half giving you 4 portions.
- Meanwhile prepare the BBQ Sauce.
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized pan and sauté onions and garlic.
- Add the herbs, spices and brown sugar, stir until sugar begins to dissolve.
- Deglaze with the beer, stir rapidly so that the sugar doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients, simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Generously baste the ribs with the BBQ sauce and grill for 10 minutes, 5 minutes on each side.
- Rub the ciabatta buns with olive oil and grill until golden.
- Place more BBQ sauce on the bottom half of the ciabatta buns. Add lettuce, the ribs and top with dill pickles and red onions.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Entrees, Pork, Recipes
Leave A Comment