Rhubarb Custard Cake
This cake was a first for me, usually my rhubarb is used for pies and jams but this was a nice change, it’s nice and light and the perfect summer dessert!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a round 9 inch cake pan and lined with parchment.
- Place the rhubarb, water, and honey into a small pot, bring to a fast simmer and cook until the water has dissipated and the rhubarb is soft. Set aside Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Place the egg whites in a stand mixer and using the whip attachment whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk until pale in color and slightly thickened.
- Add the lemon juice, vanilla, and almond, whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk in the melted butter.
- Fold in the flour, then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Gently fold in the egg whites and transfer the batter to the pan.
- Place the sautéed rhubarb on top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, let rest for 10 minutes and invert cake plate.
- Let the cake cool slightly and then serve warm.
- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:50 minutes
- Category:Baking, dessert, Recipes