Maple Crème Caramel
Sometimes referred to as caramel pudding or caramel flan, whatever you call it this quick to put together dessert is always a crowd pleaser! Thanks to Maplecure for sharing their amazing products!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place a Bain Marie ( double boiler) over medium heat.
- Add the sugar and milk and cook stirring constantly until hot.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and beat, slowly incorporate the hot liquid into the eggs stirring constantly.
- Add the vanilla, mix well.
- Line a 9X13 baking pan with a wet dish towel, add six 1 cup bowls to the pan.
- Add 1 oz of maple syrup to each of the bowls and slowly pour in the egg mixture.
- Add hot water to the pan until it comes 1/2 way up the sides of the bowls.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place a dessert plate on top of a bowl, turn over and remove the bowl.
- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:45 minutes
- Category:desserts, recipes