Firecracker Salmon Bowl
This dish is the quintessential “New Year, New You” dish, but let’s be real, it’s perfect anytime of the year, loaded with healthy grains, crisp vegetables, omega 3 rich salmon all topped with an insanely good firecracker sauce. Unsure about the salmon/peanut butter combo….don’t be, it may just be the surprise marriage of 2022!
Firecracker Salmon Bowls
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
This healthy recipe is so full of amazing flavors that you might just feel like you’re cheating!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 lime slices
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup red cabbage , shredded
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 2 green onions, sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1″ piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- preheat the oven to 350
- Place the salmon fillets on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Drizzle the salmon fillets with olive oil, place lime slices on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the vegetable broth in a heavy bottomed saucepan, place over medium heat and bring to simmer.
- Meanwhile rinse the quinoa very well. Add to the simmering broth, cover and cook until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add the cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- Place the peanut butter, soya sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan, slowly heat stirring constantly until the sauce comes together.
- Place quinoa in the bottom of a bowl, top with the red cabbage, Napa cabbage, carrot, edamame beans and green onions.
- Top with a salmon fillet and drizzle with the firecracker sauce.
- Top with additional cilantro and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entrees, Seafood, Recipe