This recipe is a definite favorite in our home, it appears at least once a month and always gets rave reviews when shared!
- Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water, boil until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes, divide, mash half. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from pan.
- Add onions to bacon fat, sauté until beginning to soften.
- Transfer onions to a soup pot, add flour and cook until the flour begins to brown.
- Add the whole milk, heavy cream, evaporated milk and chicken broth.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked bacon to the pot.
- Gently stir in both the mashed potatoes and the diced potatoes.
- Add the creamed corn and corn niblets.
- Gently heat through.
- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:30 minutes
- Category:Soups & Stews, Recipes