- 1 lb baby potatoes, washed
- 1lb carrots, washed, pealed and sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1 lb turnip, pealed and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Hot Under The Kilt Acadian Cajun Seasoning ( or any type of Cajun seasoning)
- 1 lg red onion cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Maplecure Chaga Infused Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinigar
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Hot Under The Kilt Acadian Cajun Seasoning ( or any Cajun seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 8oz salmon fillets cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion cut into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Place the potatoes, carrots and turnips into a large bowl, add the olive oil and Cajun seasoning, toss to coat well. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- remove the pan from the oven, remove the potatoes, toss the remaining veg and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Tp prepare the marinade place all of the ingredients ( except salmon) into a shallow dish.
- Prepare the four skewers by adding a slice of lime, a baby potato and a salmon piece, continue until the skewers are filled.
- Place the skewers into the marinade, let sit for several minutes, turning to ensure that they are fully coated.
- Meanwhile add the olive oil to the grill and begin grilling the red onions.
- Place the skewers onto the grill along with the red onions, grill on all sides until perfectly caramelized continuing to baste with the remaining marinade.
- Serve the skewers on a bed of the roasted vegetables and red onions, finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Entrees, Fish, Recipes