- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 12 hot dogs
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350F
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, whisk well.
- In a separate bowl combine the buttermilk, egg, oil and honey, mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk well.
- Pour the batter into a deep vessel.
- Place the hot dogs onto skewers, dip into the batter letting the excess drip off.
- Dip the corndog into the oil and swirl for 2-3 seconds before dropping into the oil, fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite yellow mustard and our crispy onion rings. Recipe found here.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Entree's, Recipes