These “take out fake out” onion rings taste every bit as delicious as onion rings from your favorite canteen, perfectly crispy, never greasy, these are a 10/10 if we say so ourselves!
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360F
- Combine the flour baking powder and Hot Under The Kilt
- Dip the onions in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, set aside.
- Whisk the egg and buttermilk into the flour mixture.
- Dip the onion rings into the batter and set on a cooling rack, allowing the exceed batter to drip off.
- Place the panko in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the battered onion rings into the panko and place in the deep fryer. Fry until golden brown.
- Place onion rings on a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite condiment and a side of our corndogs, recipe found here.
- Prep Time:30 minutes
- Cook Time:4-5 minutes
- Category:Entrees, recipes