- 1 9X13 pan of your favorite brownies
- 4 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup of room temperature butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 room temperature eggs.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- chocolate shavings
- Place the chocolate in a double boiler and melt. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream until the butter is pale yellow in color.
- Add the vanilla, cocoa, and cooled chocolate, mix until no yellow streaks of butter remain.
- Add the eggs and mix until incorporated. Turn the mixer to medium high and mix for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime combine the whipping cream and icing sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the cooled brownie base, top with the whipped cream and the chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- Category: Baking, Dessert, Recipes