- 2 cups fresh wild blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- Place the fresh wild blueberries, sugar, water and lemon juice into a non reactive pan, cook until the juices are released and the berries begin to soften, coarsely mash the berries. Set aside.
- In a separate pan add the cream, milk, vanilla and sugar, cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk the egg yolks and slowly pour 1/2 cup of the mixture into the yolks, once tempered pour the yolks into the custard and return to the heat, cook over medium high until and internal temp of 170F is reached or until the custard coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the mixture into a clean bowl and add the berry mixture, mix well, allow to come to room temperature, then cover with saran and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Place the custard into the frozen bowl of an ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes. Serve right away as soft serve or freeze for 12 hours for hard ice cream.
- Category: dessert, recipe