- 8 slices sour dough bread or artisanal bread of your choice
- 4 ounces of brie, rind removed if desired
- 12 slices bacon, cooked, 1 tbsp bacon fat reserved
- 1 cup fresh wild blueberries
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Place the reserved bacon fat and butter into a sauté pan, once melted add the wild blueberries and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stir in the pepper and then mash half of the blueberries.
- Butter 1 side of the bread, turn and divide the brie between four sides, top each with 1/4th of the blueberry sauce and three slices of bacon. Top with the remining bread and grill or place in a panini press and cook until golden brown.
If using frozen wild blueberries you will have to thicken with a cornstarch slurry.
- Category: Entrees, Recipes