- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Some Like It Hot Mustard (sub-Dijon mustard)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Fried Goat Cheese Rounds
- 8 rounds of goat cheese 1/4″ thick
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a blender and puree until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the eggs, along with the salt and pepper in a bowl and beat until smooth. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a sauté pan, heat until shimmering.
- Dip the goat cheese into the egg mixture, shaking off any excess, then dip into the breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine the fruit and tomatoes into a bowl, add salt, pepper and olive oil. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Divide the arugula between 4 plates, top with the fruit mixture, the pumpkin seeds and 2 tbsp of vinaigrette.
- Top each salad with two rounds of goat cheese.
- Category: Appetizer, Entree, Recipes