- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place the brown sugar, white sugar, and whipping cream into a high sided heavy bottomed pot set over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches a temper of 240 degrees.
- remove from the heat and add the butter, let sit for 1 minute, stir in the vanilla and the brown sugar.
- Continue to stir vigorously until the shine turns to an opaque color.
- Use a spoon to drop the pralines onto a parchment lined baking sheet, working quickly, if the mixture begins to stiffen stir in 1 tbsp of boiling water and mix well.
- Let the pralines sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Category: desserts, recipes