- 6 Mackintosh or Cortland apples, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 pats of cold butter 1/4 inch square
- Perfect Pie Crust Recipe here
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Fill a large with water bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, add the apples, simmer for 8 minutes remove the apples and cool.
- Roll out you pie dough and cut 6 -6 inch circles then place the apple in the center.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon mixture and place in the center of each apple; sprinkle any excess sugar on top of the apples. Bring the pastry up around the apple leaving the hole on top exposed, add the cube of butter on top and bake on a cookie sheet for 20 to 30 minutes until the crust is cooked.
- Once the Poutine a Trous comes out of the oven, brush the pastry with melted butter for a shine.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Category: Dessert, Baking, Recipes