- 1 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, grated or very finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 6 button mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 19 oz can of tomato sauce
- 6 buns
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook the meat until brown.
- Add the vegetables and garlic and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Dijon mustard, worsterchestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Stir in the tomato paste and tomato sauce. Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened.
To serve spread the inside of each bread with a light layer of butter and grill until golden brown. Place the bottom half on a plate top of the generous portion of the sloppy joe mix and the remaining half of the bun.
- Category: Entrees, recipes