Wild Blueberry Buckle
So, what in the world is a buckle? A buckle is a very popular dish in the U.S. Here the equivalent would be called a coffee cake but for the sake of argument lets just call it delicious! Typically made with fresh wild berries you can use frozen as well just allow a little extra time for baking. Enjoy!
- preheat the oven to 350
- Place the butter, sugar, egg, lime zest and almond extract in a bowl and cream together.
- In a sperate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture in 2 parts alternating with the milk.
- Combine the 1 tbsp flour with the frozen wild blueberries and mix, fold into the batter.
- Place batter into a prepared 8X8 baking dish.
- Place the topping ingredients in a bowl and mix to make a crumble, evenly place on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
- Prep Time:15 minuits
- Cook Time:45-55 minutes
- Category:Baking, Recipes