Whiskey Lobster Gnocchi
This lobster gnocchi combines deliciously delicate potato gnocchi with a hint of whiskey in a flavourful, smokey, creamy lobster sauce. The pillowy gnocchi combined with the rich sauce make it incredibly tasty! We loved cooking with Chef Patrick, once again, from Glenora Inn & Distillery for this special Atlantic Canadian dish.
A delicious, comforting combination of gnocchi, lobster and a smokey cream sauce with a hint of whiskey.
- Rice the boiled potatoes and let cool
- Mix eggs, herbs, salt and pepper with cooled rice by hand and add flour until you have a dough slightly dryer than biscuit dough.
- Roll out a snake of the dough and cut about 1/2 inch long sections.
- Place into boiling, salted water allow to float for a minute.
- Remove from water and place on an oiled pan to cool.
- Add olive oil to a saute pan on medium high heat.
- Add lobster, green onions, whiskey, and tomato sauce and let simmer until heated through
- Add grated parmesan cheese, simmer for 2 minutes and toss in 4 oz of gnocchi.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and a bit of pancetta.
The key to a fluffy gnocchi is to rice the potatoes and allow them to dry out slightly
- Prep Time:10
- Cook Time:10
Keywords: lobster gnocchi