- 1 bag tortilla chips of your choice
- 1 lb fresh cooked turkey meat
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 block marble cheddar, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups homemade BBQ sauce, recipe below
- 1/4 cup Sriracha mayo, recipe below
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 teaspoon Acadian Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp hot sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Begin by preparing the barbecue sauce
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and the jalapeno and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir until the brown sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat set aside.
- Prepare the spicy mayo by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and mixing well.
- To assemble the nachos line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread half the tortilla chips on the baking sheet, top with half of the vegetables, half the turkey meat, and half the cheese.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Top with the remaining nachos, vegetables, turkey meat, and cheese.
- Add another drizzle of BBQ sauce and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven drizzle with more barbecue sauce and the spicy mayo.
- Serve any remaining barbecue sauce on the side.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Category: Entrees, Recipes