This relish is incredibly flavorful and pairs really well with our Curry Vegetable Samosas or Fish Cakes. It’s also a fabulous addition to sandwiches and will take pork tenderloin to the next level. But just a friendly reminder, keep a close eye on it, especially near the end, the natural sugars tend to burn quickly.
- Total Time: 1 hour
Heavenly! this relish will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and diced
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Sauté tomatoes, onions and jalapeno pepper for 4-5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine vinegar.
- Add grainy mustard, brown sugar, and maple syrup.
- Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until a jam like consistency has been reached.
- Cool, place in a jar and refidgerate.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: sauces, sides, recipes
Leave A Comment