Sweet Potato And Lentil Soup
This healthy soup is packed full of flavors and the addition of the red lentils make it thick and creamy. It is recommended that you use red lentils when making a dish that is relatively quick to cook such as soup. Long simmering dishes such as curries and stews should be made with brown or green lentils.
- Heat he butter and olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté the onions, celery, carrots, sweet potato, jalapeno and garlic until the vegetables begin to soften, approx. 8 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spices become aromatic.
- Deglaze the pot with the white wine. Allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, red lentils and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, test to ensure that the lentils have softened.
- Stir in the coconut milk and heat through.
- Garnish the soup with fresh chopped cilantro and a dollop of fresh yogurt if desired.
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:30 minutes
- Category:Soups & Stews, Recipes