Sweet Potato And Lentil Soup
This healthy soup is packed full of flavors and the addition of the red lentils make it thick and creamy. It is recommended that you use red lentils when making a dish that is relatively quick to cook such as soup. Long simmering dishes such as curries and stews should be made with brown or green lentils.
Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 lg sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tso corriander
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick ( or 1 tsp cinnamon powder)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 12 oz can corn kernels
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- Cilantro and yogurt for garnish
- Heat he butter and olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté the onions, celery, carrots, sweet potato, jalapeno and garlic until the vegetables begin to soften, approx. 8 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spices become aromatic.
- Deglaze the pot with the white wine. Allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, red lentils and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, test to ensure that the lentils have softened.
- Stir in the coconut milk and heat through.
- Garnish the soup with fresh chopped cilantro and a dollop of fresh yogurt if desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soups & Stews, Recipes
Love lentil soup and this looks. Yummy
Thanks a lot for the blog article. Much obliged.
Major thankies for the article.Thanks Again. Great.