Summer Berry Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette and Fried Goat Cheese
It may be September but there is still lots of fresh fruit still out there! Thanks to Country Magic were tossing up an abundance of berries (and tomatoes) with some peppery arugula, whipping up a blackberry dressing with some delicious Liquid Gold Olive oil, AND frying some goat cheese rounds to go with! So, so good!
Fried Goat Cheese Rounds
- Place all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a blender and puree until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the eggs, along with the salt and pepper in a bowl and beat until smooth. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a sauté pan, heat until shimmering.
- Dip the goat cheese into the egg mixture, shaking off any excess, then dip into the breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine the fruit and tomatoes into a bowl, add salt, pepper and olive oil. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Divide the arugula between 4 plates, top with the fruit mixture, the pumpkin seeds and 2 tbsp of vinaigrette.
- Top each salad with two rounds of goat cheese.
- Category:Appetizer, Entree, Recipes