- 2 pints fresh strawberries sliced
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 oz strawberry liqueur
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 5 turns of a pepper mill
[RECIPE: Sweet Biscuits]
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups 35% cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- In a medium sized bowl, add sliced strawberries along with sugar, liqueur, vinegar and pepper. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Mash berries leaving some whole, serve over biscuits.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in the shortening.
- In a separate bowl combine the whipping cream, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix well and combine with the dry ingredients.
- Turn out on a floured board, form into a disc, and use either your hands or rolling pin to roll out to a 1 inch thickness.
- Use a floured cutter to cut into 12 rounds. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Combine the remaining egg with a tablespoon of water and brush the top of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle with the raw sugar and bake for 15 minutes.
- Split a biscuit in two and top with the berries and some whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert, recipes