- 4 ounces grated Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 1 cup dried Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (5 tablespoons)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 lb Jonah crab, well drained and separated (Reserve 1/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
Fresh Jonah Crab Salsa
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp diced red onions
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 lb Jonah crab meat
- Lightly toss all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate till you’re ready to use. Perfect! Garnish on top of the cheesecake adds an element of freshness.
- Pre heat oven 325F
- Mix the Parmigiano-Reggiano, breadcrumbs, dill and butter in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10 ” spring form pan.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, and the peppers. Season the mixture with the salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes, remove from the heat and cool.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Beat in the cream, cheese, and Sautéed vegetables until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes. Fold in the Jonah crab and the dill. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake until firm, about 1 hour.
- Category: entree, seafood, recipes