- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup wild blueberries
Wild Blueberry Caramel
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- Place a double boiler over medium high heat and bring the water to a simmer.
- Add the butter ,brown sugar and salt, stir until the butter has melted and everything has come together.
- Add the can of sweetened condensed milk and bring to a boil, stirring until the caramel begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the wild blueberries until you have a lovely lavender color. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360F
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the milk, egg, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the wild blueberries.
- Drop 1 tbsp of batter at a time into the hot oil, cook until they float and are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with a drizzle of the wild blueberry caramel sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Desserts, Recipes