Today’s visit to Ashton’s Garden Center in Tatamagouche was celebrated with some tasty wild blueberry fritters that, coincidently, are grown by Michael’s partner Angus Bonnyman. Stunning flowers, fabulous daffodil walk and fritters, there was absolutely nothing to complain about today! Please follow the link to see everything that this amazing business has to offer!
Quick Wild Blueberry Fritters with Blueberry Caramel Drizzle
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen small fritters 1x
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup wild blueberries
Wild Blueberry Caramel
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- Place a double boiler over medium high heat and bring the water to a simmer.
- Add the butter ,brown sugar and salt, stir until the butter has melted and everything has come together.
- Add the can of sweetened condensed milk and bring to a boil, stirring until the caramel begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the wild blueberries until you have a lovely lavender color. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360F
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the milk, egg, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the wild blueberries.
- Drop 1 tbsp of batter at a time into the hot oil, cook until they float and are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with a drizzle of the wild blueberry caramel sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Desserts, Recipes
Leave A Comment