- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/8th tsp baking soda
- Warm a heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
- Add the butter, both sugars, cream and baking soda to the pot. Attach a candy thermometer to the pot.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture is boiling stir continuously until the soft ball stage is reached, the temperature will be 230F
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, salt and pecans.
- Stir continuously with a rubber spatula until the mixture begins to thicken; 2-3 minutes.
- Use a scoop to drop cookies unto parchment paper, work quickly, if the mixture becomes too hard place back on the stove, don’t turn the burner on, simply let the residual heat loosen the mixture.
- Allow the cookies to dry for 4-5 hours.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Baking, Recipes