Pork and Vegetable Soup
Dave Wall from The Pork Shop shared his pork soup recipe and what I really like about this recipe (besides that it uses my favorite Pork Shop product; spicy Pork loin) is that Dave cut carbs by replacing potatoes with radishes. I wasn’t sure that I would like this because radishes aren’t my favorite, but they don’t taste at all like radishes, and they have the same texture as potatoes! Thanks to the Pork Shop for their amazing partnership.
- Heat the 3 tbsps of olive oil in a medium soup pot.
- Sauté the pork loin until for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the celery, onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots, turnip and parsnip, and radishes cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, parsley and salt and pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the remining olive oil and flour, stir into the soup and cook until the soup thickens.
- Category:Entrees, Soups stews, Pork, Recipes