Peaches and Cream Pie
Just because the snow has started to fall, it doesn’t mean that we have to give up those delicious flavors of summer. Can peaches are the perfect alternative to make this light tasting dessert.
The white chocolate is optional, but keep in mind it will prevent the crust from getting soggy and will extend the life of the pie in the fridge by 2 or 3 days.
- Combine the shortbread crumbs with the melted butter and press into a 9-in pie plate. Refrigerate.
- Melt the white chocolate in a Ban Marie, use a pastry brush to paint the bottom of the pie shell with the chocolate. Return to the refrigerator.
- Place the peaches into a sauté pan, combine the sugar and cornstarch, add to the peaches and cook, stirring, until thick. Set aside to cool.
- Place the pudding mix, the coffee cream, and the cream cheese into a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Combine the whipping cream and icing sugar and mix until stiff peaks are formed.
- Whip 1/2 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Reserve the remining whipped cream for the top
- Place the cream cheese mixture into the shell, top with the peaches and whipped cream. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- Category:Baking, Dessert, Recipes