This is a wonderful dessert that brings the flavor of summer even in the winter.
- 1 1/2 cups 35% cream
- 5 oz white chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 28oz can sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries ( optional)
- 1 loaf French bread cut into slices then into circles with a biscuit cutter
- White chocolate shards for garnish
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Combine the cream and white chocolate together in a double boiler until the chocolate has melted.
- In the meantime combine the milk, vanilla. egg, egg yolks and sugar, whisk until silky.
- Once the chocolate is melted remove from the double boiler and slowly drizzle it into the egg mixture whisking constantly so the eggs do not cook.
- Line a 9″ round cake pan with parchment and place the peaches in a circular pattern on the bottom. Top with the fresh blueberries if using.
- Top with the bread rounds.
- Slowly pour half of the cream mixture over the bread, let it sit for ten minutes then add the remaining cream.
- Cover tightly with foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Place in a preheated 275F oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Cool. Serve with White chocolate sauce. see below.
White chocolate Sauce
- % oz white chocolate
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Combine the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, microwave in 20 minute increments stirring between each until the chocolate has melted.
Directions for making chocolate shards
- Melt chocolate , if using white chocolate add 2 tbsp cream, cream is not required if using milk or dark chocolate.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in front of you.
- Once the chocolate has melted pour it onto the parchmnet papaer and use an offset spatulae to spread it in a thin layer.
- With the short end in front of you. begin carefully rolling up the parchment paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- As you unroll the parchment paper the hardened chocolate will break into shards.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 95 minutes
- Category: Desserts, Recipes