- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb potatoes, washed, and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (35%)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 14 oz. can cream style corn
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350
- Sautee the beef, when partially cooked add the onions, salt and freshly ground pepper. Continue to cook until the onions soften and there is no pink left in the beef. Set aside.
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain and add the butter and cream, mash until fluffy, season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Add the ground beef mixture to the bottom of an 8X8 baking pan.
- Top with the creamed corn then spread the buttery mash potatoes on top. Spread the butter over the top and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Category: Entrees, Recipes