- 1 French baguette, cut on the bias into 12 pieces
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup cream (35%)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 to 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp Peppered Wild Blueberry Jam (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup cream (35%) whipped
Wild Blueberry Peppercorn Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1 cup Maple syrup Acadian Maple
- zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 30 turns Fresh Ground Pepper
- In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream and vanilla until foaming.
- Slice bread into 2″ thick pieces, slice through 3/4ths of the way.
- Fill the center with cream cheese.
- Submerge the bread in the egg mixture allowing it to absorb the liquid.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and cook the bread on both sides until golden brown, add more butter as needed.
- Top French toast with Peppered wild Blueberry Jam and whipped cream. You can also sprinkle with icing sugar to make it even more enticing.
Wild Blueberry Peppercorn Sauce Directions
- In a med size frying pan on high heat melt the butter and incorporate the Wild Blueberries, once it starts to simmer add the maple reduce till it starts to thicken approx. 15 minutes, add the lemon zest, add your pepper and simmer for another 5 min, add the juice and let cook for another 1-2 minutes and your ready.
- Category: Entrée, recipes